Teacher (Bakery) from Dec 31, 2019 - 1 job for 12 months in NPH Mexico.
This position is in our home, Casa San Salvador, Miacatlán.
- 21 years or older
- Proficient in spoken Spanish/ or Creole (for Haiti)
- Experience/Degree in Teaching required
- Experience in the specific area of teaching required (this depends on what kind of teacher is required at the specific home)
- Flexibility and creativity
- Well organized and ability to discipline the students
- Patient and enjoys working with children
In many of our homes, often specific teachers or people with a specific experience, are needed to teach our children. These roles could include, but are not limited to:
- Electric work
For more information, please look at the needed positions in each individual home.
Each volunteer chooses an hogar (group of children of the same age living together) at the beginning of their year. Each home’s Volunteer Coordinator will communicate the expectations for hogar time. Usually, it is six days a week, 6 to 8 p.m., but this might vary per home. This has been described as the most fulfilling part of volunteering, the bond and relationships formed with their hogar of children.
Volunteers have every other weekend off, as well as up to 22 days of vacation time after four months of service. Vacation must be arranged according to the specific home’s policies.
All NPH volunteers receive room and board, access to medical care and a monthly stipend. Volunteers pay for their transportation to and from the home and medical insurance. Volunteers must serve for at least one year.
For more information, please write to our International Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].